|Infographic about lettuce article|
What is lettuce? Lettuce meaning
Lettuce (Lactuca sativa) is a vegetable which is grown in almost all countries of the world, they are of 5 types, differ from colors, taste, and looks, but these all types are king in taste, it is very attractive Vegetable which is almost as beautiful as flowers because of its looks.
It is a vegetable which is beneficial for our health.
What are the uses of lettuce?
Its leaves are eaten in many parts of this world, some people also consume its steam. It is grown mainly for its leaves.
When was lettuce discovered?
Very soon the information about it spread and people all over the world came to know about it. and the consumption of this plant becomes very helpful, so people liked it and began to eat.
Some important points about lettuce
Anyhow, we can use artificial fertilizers during soil preparation, it will not cause too much harm to the plant, and after it gets totally mixed then it will help in the growth of the plant.
If you want to know about information in detail about the below-given questions then click the link given against it.
2.(how to plant lettuce? (here to read)
3 .how to cook?
4. Good quality of lettuce seeds.
How to eat lettuce?
Almost all vegetables are suitable for eating row but it doesn't taste well so, we prefer some vegetables which taste well even if we eat them raw, and this is one of those vegetables.
Though there are many ways of eating lettuce, some of them are mentioned below:
- By making salads along with other green vegetables, salt, a little amount of oil and chili.
- By frying lettuce along with potato.
- It can be used in soups (any soup).
- It is used in burgers.
- We can use it to make curry.
- It can be boiled in water along with salt.
- It can be used in chow.
- It is used in pizzas.
- It is used in making many other,
- Domino's products.
- Added in sandwiches.
New recipes to try with lettuce (new idea from www.all-about-lettuce.online)
- Chicken lettuce - this is a great recipe, you may never have heard of this before, the process of making chicken lettuce is very simple and easy, I recommend to try this recipe once because I have a good experience with lettuce and its taste.
- Take some lettuce and row chicken (as usual)
- Wash the chicken meat and lettuce too, now boil the lettuce leaves in water with salt.
- After that fry, the lettuce leaves in cooking oil for some minutes only.
- Take all the required spices and other tasty things.
- Fry the lettuce leaves again with chicken meat and enjoy your chicken lettuce.
- Lettuce egg roll - this is one of the simple but very tasty and easy recipes, well it cannot be actually called a recipe but there is no such reason to deny for calling it a recipe. and it doesn't take much time to make lettuce egg role and believe me, it's much tastier than normal egg role.
- Boil the leaves after washing, just boil for some minutes only.
- Add some salt and Fry the leaves in cooking oil (for some minutes only)
- Make a mixer of egg with other things (used as usually) cut some leaves into small pieces and add in the mixture of the egg.
- Now keep the egg for fry and keep one leaf from upside.
- After a decent fry take off the egg and paste one lettuce leaf on the egg (one side was already pasted )
- Now again keep the egg for frying.
- Now you found that both sides of the egg are covered with. leaves
- You can take it for eating now. (can be used for a new cooking business idea)
Benefits of eating lettuce
Increases concentration power - the brain cells which are responsible for keeping you concentrated; can be caused damaged in some cases but if you consume lettuce regularly then you have 0% chances of meeting that accident.
Weight loss- many people suffer from overweight and use a different type of artificial medicines to decrease their weight, but what if you hear that lettuce can reduce your weight? Yes! It's true, you will see a great change in your weight if you consume lettuce regularly.
Other vegetables which taste well if mixed with lettuce are -
- Potato - it is a vegetable which can be mixed with many vegetables, because potato is a regular vegetable in many parts of this world, if you don't know how to make lettuce with potato then follow this steps .there are different types of potato recipe which can be made through potato, lettuce can be added on all those methods.
- Chicken - lettuce can be easily cooked with chicken and it will also give you a nice taste, first of all, you will have to boil lettuce after that you can fry it along with chicken the taste will be changed but you will enjoy it.
How to store lettuce at home?
Routine for eating lettuce
For example, if you eat lettuce today at 2 Pm, then you eat tomorrow at the same time I.e. at 2 Pm, this keeps a distance of 24 hours and it helps your body to obtain nutrition easily and regularly.
Some useful and important facts about lettuce
- Its plant becomes ready for consumption as soon as it starts growing, it doesn't matter whether the plant is mature or not, it can be used for consumption after 30 days of sowing seeds.
- Its plants are of more than 20 types under 4 or 5 categories.
- It is more than 3 times lighter than spinach, 6 to 7 times lighter then cabbage. if they are of the same quantity.
- Ancient Greeks and Romans believe lettuce as the healthiest food because of its useful purposes like curing diseases.
- Americans are the largest consumers of lettuce, that is thirty pounds lettuce is consumed by each person of America in a year.
|Height of lettuce plant|
- Its plant can grow up to 3 feet (one meter long)if it gets high nutrition. and till it can be used for consumption.
- Its plant must be used for commercial purposes or consumption when it grows up to 4 centimeters only.
- The USA is the largest consumer of lettuce and China is the largest producer of lettuce, although it is cultivated in almost all parts of the world, more than 50% of lettuce consumed are from China.
- It is a plant which can be found of more than eight colors, even red and light black lettuce are also available. other colors are yellow, green, dark green, etc.
Risk while growing lettuce
2. No water - in this case, the plants stop growing and its leaves become totally discolored and after that its value becomes zero, which means that it is no more what was excepted it to be, it can't be sold in the market, nor it can be used for eating.
3. High temperature - in this case, the leaves can't protect itself because it's very smooth and it turns into different could, seems like it has been burnt, and then the cultivators remove the affected leaves and use the rest, but it turns into a loss.
4. Unsuitable soil - many times, farmers fail to understand the suitability of the soil and they pretend to grow in it, but when the plant grows nearly for a month, it seems totally sold, there will be no big leaves as regular, the stems will be very thin, so here farmers can't take it to market because it looks totally weird and when people try to eat, then it gives a useless taste.
Why is lettuce the best vegetable?
All the information given in this article is based on the true experience of cultivation and from the collection of wide information.
In the future, we will keep updating this article with the latest information, so stay tuned with us.
Note- this article is based on true experience.
Also, read our article on harvesting and planting lettuce.
Tags - lettuce, what is lettuce?, Lettuce plant