What is romaine lettuce?
|romaine lettuce |what is romaine lettuce? Know in this article|
Romaine lettuce (cos lettuce )
It is also a type of lettuce like others.
It was first grown in North America, many people of that country liked this plant because of its taste and it is also a healthy crop with good nutrition value in it.
In North America romaine was sold as “hearts”
There was a simple technique of selling, the farmers cut the roots and removed the upper leaves to increase to looking quality of its leaves and after that, they sold it in the market.
But once in history, north Americans and Canadian health organization centers warned people to stop consuming this, as there were some reports which came out after certain research on it, the report said that people can get effected with adulterated pathogenic E. coli bacteria.
The issues was founded by north America, after consuming this, many people in some region got sick, and the health agency of that country announced that people should not eat this because it's harmful vegetable, in some states of North America, nearly 50 people got sick because of the plant, and finally government declared that this plant should no longer be eaten by the people in that country, not for public consumer neither by the restaurants.
This problem in this plant was also founded in other countries too, like Canada and the USA, there were several problems caused by this plant, like stomach cramps, vomiting, and diarrhea.
But according to the report, there was not a serious problem which could lead to death, as not a single death was founded because of consuming romaine.
Is it safe to eat romaine lettuce now? (romaine lettuce updates)
- Wash it nicely before consumption
- Throw the roots and cook the rest parts only.
- Throw away the outer leaves.
- Don't eat those with unhealthy leaves.
- Boil in water before eating
- Make salads by boiling the leaves.
- Take fresh one not the rotten.
- Grow the plants at your garden if possible
- Eat this in limited quantity a day
- Don't consume lettuce if you really don't like it.
|Other types of lettuce in fields|
Why is romaine lettuce important?
It is also a good looking vegetable. Which doesn't make you feel that you are taking a vegetable?
|Leaves of lettuce|
Some benefits of taking romaine lettuce -
1. Good for health
2. It cures anemia
3.Contains lots of vitamins
4.Contains calcium and iron
How to grow romaine lettuce?
- Get good quality seeds, make sure that the seeds are from updated sources and promises to have a healthy plant.
- You need a small part of land where you can sow the seeds (nursery process).
- Add manures in the field, for good germination value.
- After sowing the seeds, make sure that you water the field.
- After that cover the whole part of land where you sow the seeds,
- After a few days, the seeds will grow up, water them again. ( lightly)
- Make sure to remove the seeds which grow along with the plant.
- When you see that the plant is ready( 4-5 inches) take them to the main field and sow plant them.
Romaine lettuce vs. spinach
romaine lettuce vs iceberg
Final words (conclusion)
This article was about romaine lettuce, all details that people must know about this, is given in this article, therefore if you feel that I have missed any point and any important information, then feel free to comment us.
Your comment is important for us to ensure that our blog contents are properly explained.
Also, read- how to harvest and plant lettuce?