Proper ways to germinate lettuce seeds
|Germination of lettuce|
Information about germinating lettuce
|Lettuce seed germination|
In this article you will learn all the proper ways to germinate lettuce seeds, so keep reading this article because you are going to learn my experiences which I had in the process of germinating lettuce and growing lettuce.
First of all, I would like to clarify that all the information given in this article are based on a true experience, and I'm not going to mention any artificial method of germinating lettuce,
Here you will find best and true methods which will really help you, and it can be used whether to grow lettuce at home or at any other field.
Ways to germinate lettuce
1. Choose beat quality lettuce seeds
Select a small area of land where you can sow the lettuce seeds.
But if you have a small number of seeds and you don't want migration of the plants from one place to another, then also you can, but sow little quantity of seeds at once so that the plant will get enough nutrition without migration.
Loose the soil
Remove all the weeds from the soil
Is can be done manually because a small part of land won't take much effort, or if you have any other technique then you can follow it.
Label the soil
Break the big blocks of soil
Ready the seeds
Process after sowing the seeds
- It will save your seeds from being attacked by natural causes.
- It will help the seeds to grow by maintaining the required amount of temperature.
- Keep on watering the seeds every day, don't water it hardly but, lightly.
- Keep on removing the weed which grows along with the seeds,
- Make a shelter for the whole seed, you will have to make some cover from upper side of the soil, nearly 1 meter above the soil, so that it can get fresh air but not too much of water through rain and Will also safe it from temperature, you can use anything available with you, to make an air cover for the soil.
- When the seeds grow above two inches then you can remove the cover.
|Lettuce after growing|
Or you can also take the plant on a pot.
In this step, I will say you the process by which you can germinate lettuce seeds on a pot.
This is a very easy and short process.
- First of all, you have to arrange fertile soil on a pot, make sure that the pot is bigger enough to grow a lettuce plant then,
- You will have to make the seeds ready, here you can use few seeds per pot,
- Loosen and label the soil and add some fertilizers on it.
- Water the soil lightly before one day of sowing the seeds.
- Make the seeds ready, by the process I mentioned in this article, or you can just put the seeds on the water for 6-12 hours and after that dry it for nearly 10-20 minutes.
- Now you can sow the seeds on the pot.
- When the seeds grow, take care of it, as I have mentioned the details in my article.
- When the plant becomes ready, you can use it.
Sign of plant maturity for plantation on the main plant
- See whether the leaves have become enough big or not? You can see the picture below to understand the side of the leaves, it must be above two inches.
- The stems must have the strength to save itself from natural causes, see the picture give below to understand the size of the stem.
- Four inches is the perfect size of the plant to be taken for the main field, but if you have a good temperature then you can take it before four inches. There must not be a high temperature where these actions are practiced.
Conclusion about germinating lettuce;
|Mature lettuce plants|
Thank you for reading!
Tags - germinating lettuce, lettuce seeds, how to grow lettuce seeds.